Canny Creatives is a new exchange programme for UK and Ukraine cultural professionals seeking to develop links between the two countries and promote the development of their organisations.
For 2015, participants will come from the Northeast of England and Newcastle, one of Britain’s most exciting cultural hubs. We’re looking for local cultural organisations interested in forging stronger links with the UK, and keen to work with these established cultural professionals in the development of their own programmes and strategies. Each placement is a unique opportunity to benefit from each participants’ expertise (in marketing for the arts, programming and audience development, festival management and production) and develop new international partnerships.
After the selection stage 6 innovative cultural institutions across the country were chosen to host Canny Creatives for three weeks in October 2015:
- Contemporary Dance Festival “ZelyonkaFest” + Anthony Baker, Artistic Director of Dance City
- Arabesky theatre + Sarah Kemp, Artistic Director of Théâtre Sans Frontières
- Izolyatsia + Rebecca Shatwell, Director AV Festival
- CSM and Congress of culture activists + Clymene Christoforou, Director of Isis Arts
- Cultural project + Cait Read, Marketing Manager, Live Theatre +
- Theatre Platform NGO + Graeme Thompson, Producer, Live Theatre