WHAT IS APTIS FOR TEENS?
Aptis for Teens is an English assessment tool developed by the British Council and designed specifically for teenagers aged 13 to 17.
Test questions have been designed to reflect activities that occur in a teenager’s everyday life for example: social media, homework, school events and sports to make the test more familiar. This modern approach to testing allows candidates to fully demonstrate their English knowledge and skill.
Aptis for Teens can be integrated into current education systems, which allows students’ English levels to be measured effectively and efficiently over time.
According to the letter of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine № 1 / 9-64 dated of 03.02.2020, Aptis for Teems is included in the list of international language tests, which results are recognized as attestation in a foreign language.
WHO CAN USE IT?
- Lower and upper secondary schools
- Ministries of Education around the world
- Language schools
- Private tutors or teachers
- Bi-lingual schools
WHY CHOOSE APTIS FOR TEENS?
The test results will help you
- assess the overall English language proficiency of your students as well as proficiency in each of the 4 skills separately according to the CEFR scale
- streamline learners according to proficiency level and identify skills in need of development.
- decide if your students are ready to take internationally recognised exams, such as IELTS, and participate in study abroad and homestay programmes.
- test your students’ progress over extended periods.
A candidate’s test result is composed of two parts:
- a score on a numerical scale (0 – 50) for the grammar and vocabulary section
- a Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) level for each skill taken.
When all four skills are tested, an overall estimation of the candidate’s ability is given (an overall CEFR level)