Creative Spark Big Idea Challenge is an international video pitch competition for students and young entrepreneurs from the British Council’s Creative Spark programme countries. This programme contributes to the development of partnerships between universities in Ukraine and in the UK who implement projects to support enterprise education. The Big Idea Challenge video pitch competition encourages young people from programme countries to develop an innovative ‘startup’ and tell the world about it.
Students and young creative entrepreneurs who have joined the Creative Spark programme activities at one of the partner universities or organizations are invited to participate in the competition. A pitch project should fall into one of the announced categories: digital technology, social impact, or creativity. In addition to the three main categories, this year participants the opportunity to present creative ideas on Covid-19 social response, recovery and innovation and compete for a special prize.
Big Idea Challenge 2020 timeline:
- 7 June - deadline for applications
- 8 - 20 June - Country finalists selection
- 6 - 19 July - Country People’s Choice public vote
- 13 - 19 July - Country Category Winners, County Champions and International People’s Choice Winner Selection
- 20 -24 July - National virtual events for all Country Winners
- 31 August - 6 September - Remote Online Start-up Sprint programme and International Category Winners and Grand Champion selection
- September 2020 - March 2021 - Ongoing support for winning teams
Don not miss your chance to become a participant in 2020!
Learn more about the Big Idea Challenge 2019 and winners from Ukraine by reading the materials below.