Programme 'International Offices: Best Practices' was run with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and was aimed at professional development / competence enhancement of international offices staff of Ukrainian universities.
120 representatives of international offices from 97 Ukrainian universities took part in the Programme.
Module 1 (September – October 2016)
- Introduction to International Office role: responsibilities, activities, structure, staffing, integration and collaboration with other units
- Developing and implementing of international strategy for International Office
- Positioning the university – communications and marketing strategies, branding, networking organisations and mechanisms
- Developing university websites and effective use of social media
Module 2 (February 2017)
- Optimisation of international student support: admission, exchange, integration on campus and in the country
- Developing international partnerships and research collaborations
- Taking advantage of and managing funding opportunities: national, international (Erasmus+, Horizon 2020), corporate, philanthropic
The programme was delivered by senior managers of international offices of highly ranked UK universities who have shared the best UK expertise in the field.
In 2017-2018 the British Council will offer series of webinars for capacity building of International Offices of Ukrainian universities.