Cambridge University International Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults
This certificate provides native and non-native speaker English teachers with the minimum qualification for teaching English to adults at British Council accredited centres in Ukraine and worldwide. The CELTA is considered the essential TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification that’s trusted by employers, language schools and governments around the world.
Applicants are invited to join our next CELTA course in Kyiv from 29 January 2018 to 23 February 2018.
The deadline for applications is 18 January 2018, an *Early Bird discount is available for applications received before 29 December.
- possess a standard of English which enables them to teach at a range of levels (minimum CEFR level C1).This will be assessed during the selection process.
- be 18 or over
- have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education
Course price is 34,000 UAH including Cambridge Exam Fee.
*An Early Bird discount of 3,400 is offered for applications received before 29 December, 2017.
Reserving your place
Payment of fees must be received on or before 22 January 2018.
British Council Ukraine actively recruits its most successful and promising CELTA candidates. Candidates expressing an interest in teaching work with British Council and who receive an endorsement from the Main Course Tutor will be guaranteed an interview.
Teachers subsequently hired as Newly Qualified Teachers and who meet the conditions below will receive a refund of 50% of the course price.
To be eligible for the refund teachers must:
- complete a full twelve months service of full contract hours at British Council Ukraine
- complete the British Council Ukraine’s mentoring programme and attain an internationally-accredited YL Extension qualification
It is important to note that there are several reasons for British Council, Kyiv offering this support:
- it is in line with British Council global policy to offer professional development opportunities
- we aim to increase the number of teachers in Kyiv with CELTA qualifications in order to ensure quality EFL teaching is maintained
- to stimulate professional development across the teaching network in Kyiv
If you are interested in this unique opportunity at British Council, Kyiv, please send your completed application form to: