“English Teaches as Change Agents” project first was developed within the National campaign “Ukraina Speaking” by the British Council and GoGlobal to celebrate 2016 as a Year of English. Teachers from eight oblasts of Ukraine participated.
Based on the successful impact of these teachers as change agents, this programme is being expanded to support the “New Ukrainian School” reform. The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine jointly with the British Council Ukraine have taken a decision to continue the project "English Teachers as Change Agents" for the following regions: Chernihiv, Donetsk, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kharkiv, Khmelnytsk, Kirovograd, Kyiv, Luhansk, Mykolayiv, Odesa, Poltava, Rivne, Sumy, Ternopil, Zakarpattia, Zaporizhzhia, Zhytomyr
- improve the quality of teaching English in Ukraine
- train a cohort of English teacher trainers, who will cascade knowledge and skills among teachers of English in their regions.
To be confirmed
The training takes place on 15 – 21 December 2017and intends to enable English teachers’ to improve their teaching skills and develop their training skills.
Applications should be submitted online at the British Council website following this link.
Requirements for applicants
- at least 5 years of teaching at secondary school
- proof of professional development in the last 2 years (participation in conferences, round tables, online courses, winter schools, creative workshops, webinars, etc.)
- ability to reflect on their professional development (achievements/success, challenges and how they are dealt with, professional development plan)
- willingness and commitment to conduct seminars, observe lessons with the purpose of providing methodological support for teachers of English in the applicant's region.
Costs: none. All training costs are covered by the Programme partners.
On completion of the course, the participants will receive certificates issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the British Council Ukraine.
We no longer accept the applications. Successful candidates will receive a confirmation letter on 20 November 2017.