The British Council’s top priority is the health and well-being of our customers, staff, and the communities where we work.
We have resumed IELTS testing on computer in Kyiv and are ensuring our hygiene measures are in line with government guidance.
Please read the following rules and procedures carefully before coming to our Test Centre.
Please note that test-takers will be denied entry, however their test can be rescheduled or refunded in the following events:
- Test-taker temperature upon entry is at or above 37.2 (government restriction);
- Test-taker arrives without a mask;
- Test-taker displays symptoms of illness (a persistent cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, a high temperature, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat).
Please do not attend your test if:
- You are under 14-day compulsory quarantine, stay-at-home order, medical surveillance or a self-quarantine order, as specified by the Ukrainian Government;
- You have been in contact with any person suspected to have been exposed to coronavirus; or
- You have symptoms of illness (a persistent cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, a high temperature, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat).
If any of the above applies to you, please email email@example.com and we will reschedule your test, or provide you with a refund.
On test day:
- At registration, you will be asked to sign a document confirming that none of the above applies to you.
- In order to avoid queues and crowding, please arrive at the venue at the time specified in e-mail from the British Council;
- Your temperature will be taken at the point of entry;
- You will be required to wear a mask;
- You will be asked to keep 2 m distance from other test takers and staff;
- Please bring with you, and wear, a face mask that covers your mouth and nose. You may bring an extra mask if you wish to change it during the exam;
- Masks will be checked to prove that there are no crib notes concealed within;
- You will be requested to remove the mask for identification or other purposes;
*Staff and examiners will also wear a face mask on the test day.
- Please bring your own stationary (pens, pencils), make sure there are no signs on them;
- Please bring your own water in a transparent bottle, make sure there are no signs on the bottle. If the bottle is not transparent it will not be allowed in the test room;
*for health safety reasons we will not provide water at the venue
- If you wish to use your own sanitiser, you will be allowed to bring it into the test room, but it must be in a transparent bottle with no signs on it;
- Please follow basic hygiene practices such as using the provided hand-sanitiser on test day and regularly washing your hands.
After your test:
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days after taking your IELTS test, you are requested to report this to your test centre by email. This will help ensure we can communicate with other test takers and follow government advice.
More information on protecting yourself from novel coronavirus (COVID 19) is available here.