The COVID-19 pandemic has not only changed the way we interact during activities, but it has also pushed organisations and communities to reinvent themselves. We believe that it is now time to identify and implement new solutions together.
Digital Lab – is an online laboratory focused on capacity building. It brings Ukrainian participants together in order to develop practical solutions for their sector and learn about European approaches and models. Digital Lab has three separate streams:
- for creative hub managers;
- for social entrepreneurs;
- for social enterprise trainers.
Each stream accommodates 20 – 25 participants. The key element of the Digital Lab is participation of EU- and the UK-based experts. They join the labs to present sector experience of the EU and the UK, and their organisations.
Key focus of the Digital Lab
- Create space for experience exchange and joint search of practical solutions;
- Present successful practices in creative hubs/social enterprise from the EU, the UK, and Ukraine;
- Form connections between programme participants;
- Create high-quality and meaningful format of interacting online.
What is Digital Lab: Social Enterprise Trainers about?
Social Entrepreneurship is emerging as a popular programme in the formal and non-formal educational environment of Ukraine. However, in education for social entrepreneurs, unlike that for theorist- economist or public sector analysts, there are few practitioners who have mastered efficient training techniques.
The purpose of Digital Lab is to acquaint Ukrainian social enterprise trainers with formats, tools, methodologies, key competencies of social enterprise trainers and facilitators, as well as analyzing case studies of various effective approaches from other spheres.
20 social enterprise trainers have the opportunity to improve their professional skills and unite to develop practical solutions for their sector and learn about the European approaches and models.
The course covers the following topics:
- innovative formats, methods, and tools for training social entrepreneurs;
- effective techniques for the development of design thinking;
- practical tools for building a theory of change and measuring social impact;
- effective approaches to teaching financial modelling from scratch;
- effective social marketing tools;
- basic tools for attracting investment.
For whom is Digital Lab: Social Enterprise Trainers?
This program is for you if you:
- Have been working for at least 2 years in the field of training and support of social entrepreneurs;
- Were involved in at least five educational programs (schools, training, hackathons, incubators, accelerators, etc.) for social entrepreneurs;
- You have a motivation to develop in the field of social enterprise training;
- You are interested in the new knowledge/skills/models and willing to connect with colleagues from Ukraine and the EU.
We invite social enterprise trainers from any city/region of Ukraine. We are happy to welcome at the Digital Lab a mixture of big, medium and small cities. Programme participants need to hold the Ukrainian citizenship.
How will the Digital Lab: Social Enterprise Trainers sessions run?
- Digital Lab consists of six weekly online sessions. Each session lasts three hours and features a presentation by the EU/UK speakers, case studies section, and group solutions part focused around a key theme;
- Some sessions include a home assignment;
- Working language – Ukrainian;
- During all sessions, the online simultaneous translation from English to Ukrainian and vice versa is available.
What do I get by participating?
- Practical tools that can be used in organizing training events for potential and existing social entrepreneurs. Access to presentations by the EU- and the UK-based experts working with creative hubs;
- House of Europe alumni status (it provides access to the alumni community, as well as opportunity to attend alumni events and apply for alumni grants).
Have you got questions? Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.