Teacher of English (hourly paid)
The British Council in Kyiv is looking for a Teacher of English (hourly paid) to deliver quality English language teaching to a diverse audience of young learners and adults as part of the British Council Ukraine teaching team on a freelance basis.
|Duration||1 year (with possibility of extention)|
|Closing date||Friday 30 November 2018|
Main opportunities/challenges for this role:
Support British Council’s global English strategy by:
- ensuring teaching meets learner needs and expectations;
- ensuring teaching meets Teaching Quality Standards and organisational expectations;
- maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues;
- enhancing British Council’s reputation as a world authority in ELT;
- supporting the teaching centre’s activities and British Council plans;
- continuing professional development and sharing of best practices.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Cambridge CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL (global minimum standard);
- Proficiency in English, i.e. full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band 8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module, or CPE Pass or above;
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent;
- 2 years post-certificate i.e. CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL experience;
- Experience in teaching relevant age groups specific to the centre: Young learners aged 8 to 10 (200+ hours), Young learners aged 11 to 17 (200+ hours), Adults General English (200+ hours).
- Recognised diploma in EFL i.e. DELTA;
- YL extension to CELTA or recognised equivalent (e.g. IHCYL or TYLEC);
- Business English and Legal English courses (200+ hours);
- Young learners aged 5 to 7 (100+ hours);
- Early Years aged 5-6 (or younger) (100+ hours).
Role Specific Skills:
- Effective communication and engagement with children and their families;
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children;
- Knowledge and understanding of positive disciplinary methods.
How to apply
Please put the title “Hourly-Paid Teacher” into the subject line of your e-mail message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
If you have any questions please contact us at JobApplications@Britishcouncil.org.ua or 044 490 5600.
The British Council in Ukraine has been ranked within the top 20 of more than 500 companies surveyed in relation to supporting learning and development for their employees. Part of a Hay survey on Best companies for personal development in Ukraine 2015, we have been placed at no 8 - the highest scoring British employer and the only British employer to make the top 20. http://nv.ua/publications/kuznicy-kadrov-nv-predstavilo-reyting-luchshih...
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant grounds. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989