The British Council Ukraine and the representative office of “Shell Exploration and Production Ukraine Investments (IV) B.V.” announce the winners of the 2nd Call for proposals within its “Ukrainian Unconventional Gas Institute project”. 42 project applications were submitted in total. Under the priority theme “Water and Energy: environmental audits and energy efficiency” the winners are:
- NGO “New Energy” (Kharkiv) with the project proposal “Development and dissemination of research based recommendations for the basin principle of surface drinking water resources management in Kharkiv region”;
- Science and technology concern “Institute of Mechanical Engineering” of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Kharkiv) with the proposal “Development of concept of recycling and low-waste disposal of technological liquids used in the process of extraction of unconventional hydrocarbons”;
- NGO “Foundation for Community Development” (Kramatorsk) with the proposal “Environmental monitoring of surface water sources in Kharkiv and Donetsk regions based on hydrobiological research and bioindicators”;
- “Petroply Research and Consulting LLC” (Kyiv) with the proposal “Use of water resources in Kharkiv and Donetsk regions in oil and gas industry of Ukraine. Optimization of water use for drilling and hydraulic fracturing purposes and minimisation of the environmental impact risks”
Under the priority theme “Gas as an energy source in Ukraine”:
- Media projects studio “Democracy Watch” (Kyiv) with the proposal “Gas revolution. An apprehended choice”.
Under the theme “The best global regulatory (licensing) practices in the oil and gas industry. Opportunities for Ukraine”:
- “KT-Energy LLC” (Kyiv) with the proposal “Improving regulatory practices and licensing procedures for the needs of the oil and gas industry of Ukraine. The case of Kharkiv region”.