Junior ICT System Administrator
To assist ICT Systems Administrator in managing of the British Council’s ICT Windows-based environment in Ukraine. To support the delivery of British Council objectives in Ukraine through the management of ICT systems, network infrastructure, peripherals and support services which are operational.
|Closing date||Sunday 31 October 2021|
Main opportunities/challenges for this role:
Assist in managing, ensuring maintenance and sustainability of the British Council’s ICT systems and networks in Ukraine to the satisfaction of all stakeholders and in accordance with British Council ICT standards.
Infrastructure / service support
- Report ICT related matters to the ICT Systems Administrator, ensuring that opportunities, problems and risks are highlighted.
- Be initiative and participate in the overall installation and maintenance of ICT infrastructure, including servers, workstations, active equipment, printing devices, telephone network (e.g. PABX, IP telephony, VOIP), different server and office applications.
- Assist in managing the physical network infrastructure (e.g. hubs, switches and cabling) including the physical relocation and cabling of equipment in response to changing business needs.
- Manage local telecommunication systems and mobile phones, and provide desktop phone support. Knowledge of Panasonic office PABX solutions is a plus.
- Provide multimedia support, including video making, scanning, etc.
- Ensure the physical security of all ICT equipment, and other electronic/electric equipment management such as photocopiers, multifunctional devices, multimedia systems, aural equipment etc, including the maintenance of up-to-date inventories and usage registers.
- Provide support for the usage of ICT equipment by operational teams, including classroom smart boards, video conferencing facilities, exams equipment.
- Help in managing the server room, including environment, air conditioning and power supply issues.
- Provide support for the ICT aspects of smart working.
- Receives and responds to enquiries from/to customers, and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly
- Recognises and understands the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts the team leader to any issues of concern that are likely to impact service/project/task delivery or customer experience.
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Proactively communicates and liaises with others (inside and outside the BC) to ensure effective coordination and delivery services
- Builds an understanding of who’s who within the wider department, unit or region to enable effective resolution of issues when they arise
Managing self & others
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, responding to changing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a daily/weekly time horizon
- Tasks and coordinates others (e.g. internal colleagues or external contractors/suppliers) to complete time-limited, straightforward activities, within established procedures, in order to ensure efficient delivery of services. Monitors task completion to agreed quality and time standards.
How to apply
In order to apply, please visit our global e-recruitment portal. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.