Recently the participants of the British Council’s Active Citizens project have been announced. The project launched in 2009 aims at intercultural dialogue and sustainable social development and has run in over 40 countries in the UK and across Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, South and East Asia.
In 2009 to 2012 the project has already been implemented in Ukraine, and now it’s time to return with a revised format and renewed focus. Today we would like to re-launch it in a new format and with different accents. This year the project started also in the USA, Vietnam, South Sudan and Uganda.
In total 59 applications have been submitted, among them 19 organisations of national coverage and 40 regional. We received applications from 18 Ukrainian regions. The following organisations have agreed to become our partners:
- Bohdan Hawrylyshyn Charitable Foundation
- Free University of Maidan
- Vinnytsia Youth SCO for People with Disabilities “Harmony”
- SCO “Journalistic Association Initiative” in partnership with International Institute for Regional Press and Information
- AEGEE-Dnipropetrovsk (European Student Forum)
- Lutsk SCOs Union “Youth Platform”
- National Scouts Organisation “Plast”
- Sumy Youth SCO “Regional Initiatives Foundation”
- Klitschko Foundation.
British Council Ukraine welcomes all other participants to take part in the project through workshops and events organised by partners’ organisation.
Follow our news here.