In-Service Development project (INSETT)
About the Project:
The development of a new in-service teacher training curriculum has been initiated by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in October 2011. The overall aim of the project is to develop and implement a new INSETT Curriculum in the in-service teacher development system of Ukraine. One of the objectives is to implement the CPD Framework to the system of in-service teacher certification in Ukraine.
The project was launched in November 2011. The project group consisted of 9 methodologists of Volyn, Zakarpattia, Kyiv, Lviv, Ternopil, Kherson, Cherkasy, Chernivtsi and AR Crimea in-service training institutes.
The Curriculum focuses on teacher professional knowledge, skills and attitudes and enables teachers to move to a higher level in their development according to the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Framework designed by the British Council and further adapted to the national qualification levels of teachers.
The curriculum and the course have been drawn up by the team of INSETT educationalists under the guidance of the British Council Ukraine. Materials developed by the British Council Teacher Development team have been used for the curriculum content.
- National Curriculum fTeacher or Pre-service Teacher Training (Methodology)
- INSETT course
- CPD framework criteria (indicators) design for modern language teachers certification
- The project group participated in a number of trainings in December 2011, January 2012 and April 2012 in Cherkasy, Ternopil and Bila Tserkva. The project group participated in the International symposium on In-Service Teacher Training in Istanbul in February 2012.
- INSETT curriculum and course have been designed by the project team guided by the British Council Ukraine.
- The Curriculum and the course have been endorsed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
- Starting from September 2012, the Programme has been implemented in nearly all the In-Service teacher Training Institutes in Ukraine.
- British Council Continuing Professional Development Framework has been adapted to the Ukrainian INSETT context.
- More than 120 teacher trainers have been developed to train INSETT teachers.
- British Council online teacher development courses are used for INSETT teachers
- Teacher’s Pack has been created. It includes:
- Word on the Street TV series and classroom guide for 9 – 11 grades
- TeachingEnglish Radio: audio CD and Teacher Support Worksheets
- LearnEnglish Kids online resources Guidebook
- Nearly all state secondary schools received the Teacher’s Pack.
- Blended course for newly-qualified teachers was delivered to more than 200 teachers of Volyn, Dnepropetrovsk, Zhytomyr, Lviv, Odessa, Sumy, Ternopil, Kharkiv, Cherkassy and Chernivtsi oblasts.
- Workshops, consultations and presentations on online Teacher portfolio have been conducted. 15 Portfolio were created