- Continuous assessment is an integral part of all our courses – without it it’s difficult to get a sense of progress. This approach helps us support your child to maximise their progress and gives a clear picture of your child’s strengths and weaknesses. This then allows us to develop learning activities that support the needs of your child.
- For Primary students we also use portfolios that provide evidence of the learner completing each Primary Plus module and applying the language they have learnt in a relevant and practical way. There are opportunities for the learner, class peers, teachers and you to comment in the project outcomes, which may refer to the process of completing the project as well as the project product and language use. In this way, the portfolio provides assessment of the learners’ continuing language and skills development.
- We hold Parents’ Days twice a year where you get a chance to talk about your child’s progress with the teacher. The successful completion of a level depends upon your child’s progress, work in class and at home, and their attendance (attendance of 80% of all classes is strongly recommended. This means that your child should not miss more than 12 classes per academic year). In exceptional circumstances we will show flexibility with this at our discretion.
- Every Young Learner who has completed full Academic Year is issued an End of Year certificate that is provided during the last lesson of the course.
- At the end of the academic year, the teacher makes a next level recommendation. If a child has not made enough progress, we will strongly encourage parents to consider a summer intensive course or continue at the same level.
There is an example report at the bottom of this page.
Feedback can be requested from the teacher during the term by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org including your child’s name and their class. If you would like to talk to the teacher, please contact our Customer Service team via Live Chat from 10 till 17, Mon-Fri or write an email on email@example.com