The safety, well-being and protection of students remains central to us. We will continue to closely follow the advice and guidelines issued by the government authorities.
With the beginning of the new academic year, the following measures on our premises will be obligatory for all staff and students:
- temperature check upon entry;
- masks worn at all times in public areas. Primary students, from the age of 6-10 y.o., are allowed to remove their masks during the lesson; Secondary students, from the age of 11-17 y.o., need to wear a mask at all times, including during the lesson;
- students bring their own water with them;
- physical distancing measures with maximum of 12 students in the classroom - special seating arrangements in order to keep the required distance;
- coming to the class and entering our premises no earlier than 15 min before the class starts;
- student can only leave the lesson for a toilet break and one at a time;
- students have to re-sanitize their hands each time they enter the class;
- windows are opened between classes for airing;
- cleaning and sanitising before and after each class will occur for teaching areas and public spaces connected to the classroom area;
- cleaning of “high-touch” surfaces before/after each class;
- hand sanitisers are available at the entrance and in each classroom;
- parents are not allowed to enter the premises of the British Council Teaching Centre, as per updated pick up policy for kids under 11 y.o.
Please be advised that on our premises we use different sanitisers that comply with state recommendations. If you think you child might experience an allergic reaction, please supply them with a sanitiser that you are confident won't cause a reaction.
The following teaching modifications will apply during the class to ensure physical distancing and appropriate health and safety measures:
- entry/exit routines will be modified in order to avoid students queuing inside or outside the classroom;
- team games and activities will continue but without sharing of resources;
- craft activities will be limited.
Additional communication on health measures is placed in classrooms and in the atrium.
We reserve the right to deny entry in the following events:
- Your child temperature upon entry is at or above 37.2;
- Your child arrives without a mask;
- Your child, upon verbal enquiry by the teacher at start of lesson, responds positively to the question, ‘Have you been in close contact with a person identified as or potentially affected with Covid-19 in the last two weeks?’
- Your child displays symptoms of illness (a persistent cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, a high temperature, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat).
In case we will have a case of Covid-19 disease in class of your child, we will be required to announce quarantine for the whole group for a period of up to 14 days. During that period, we will transition to online delivery.