The COVID-19 pandemic has not only changed the way we interact during activities, but it has also pushed organisations and communities to reinvent themselves. We believe that it is now time to identify and implement new solutions together.
Digital Lab – is an online laboratory focused on capacity building. It brings Ukrainian participants together in order to develop practical solutions for their sector and learn about European approaches and models. Digital Lab has three separate streams:
- for creative hub managers;
- for social entrepreneurs;
- for social enterprise trainers.
Each stream accommodates 20 – 25 participants. The key element of the Digital Lab is participation of EU- and the UK-based experts. They join the labs to present sector experience of the EU and the UK, and their organisations.
Key focus of the Digital Lab
- Create space for experience exchange and joint search of practical solutions;
- Present successful practices in creative hubs/social enterprise from the EU, the UK, and Ukraine;
- Form connections between programme participants;
- Create high-quality and meaningful format of interacting online.
What is Digital Lab: Social Entrepreneurs about?
In Ukraine the popularity of social entrepreneurship as an effective mechanism for solving local social and economical problems is increasing. At the same time, there is no legal framework, nor is there an education system that would allow beginners to start their businesses easily.
Digital Lab – is an online lab focused on capacity building. It brings together 20 social entrepreneurs to develop practical solutions for their sector and learn about European approaches and models.
The program is designed for established social entrepreneurs and aims to strengthen their knowledge and skills in the field of social marketing, investment attraction, market analysis and legal aspects of social enterprises.
The course covers the following topics:
- Attracting investments: opportunities, business evaluation, how to “wrap” the idea;
- Social Marketing: how to effectively sell product value and create a marketing strategy and plan;
- Market analysis: tools for market assessment and analysis of competitors, determination of competitive advantage, compilation of a matrix for assessing the competitiveness of a joint venture;
- Legal aspects: the relationship between co-founders, the peculiarities of employment within the SE, registration, redistribution of profits/reinvestment.
For whom is Digital Lab: Social Entrepreneurs?
This program is for you if you:
- have been present in the market for at least 6 months;
- have a clearly defined product or service that is already being distributed/tested;
- are motivated to develop in the field of social enterprise;
- are interested in new knowledge/skills/models and willing to connect with colleagues from Ukraine and the EU.
We invite social enterprise trainers from any city/region of Ukraine. We are happy to welcome a mixture of big, medium and small cities to the Digital Lab. Programme participants need to hold Ukrainian citizenship.
How will the Digital Lab: Social Entrepreneurs sessions run?
- Digital Lab consists of six weekly online sessions. Each session lasts three hours and features a presentation by EU/UK speakers, a case studies section, and a group solutions part focused around a key theme;
- Some sessions include a home assignment;
- The working language – Ukrainian;
- During all sessions online simultaneous translation from English to Ukrainian and vice versa is available.
What do I get by participating?
- Practical tools that can be used in organizing training events for potential and existing social entrepreneurs;
- Access to presentations by EU- and the UK-based experts working with creative hubs;
- House of Europe alumni status (it provides access to the alumni community, as well as opportunities to attend alumni events and apply for alumni grants).
Have you got questions? Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.