The COVID-19 pandemic has not only changed the way we interact during activities, but it has also pushed organisations and communities to reinvent themselves. We believe that it is now time to identify and implement new solutions together.
Digital Lab – is an online laboratory focused on capacity building. It brings Ukrainian participants together in order to develop practical solutions for their sector and learn about European approaches and models. Digital Lab has three separate streams:
- for creative hub managers;
- for social entrepreneurs;
- for social enterprise trainers.
Each stream accommodates 20 – 25 participants. The key element of the Digital Lab is participation of EU- and the UK-based experts. They join the labs to present sector experience of the EU and the UK, and their organisations.
Key focus of the Digital Lab
- Create space for experience exchange and joint search of practical solutions;
- Present successful practices in creative hubs/social enterprise from the EU, the UK, and Ukraine;
- Form connections between programme participants;
- Create a high-quality and meaningful format of interacting online.
In autumn 2020 we have launched two editions of Digital Lab.
What is the next Digital Lab: Social Entrepreneurs about?
The online lab focused on impact assessment and measurement. It brings together the Ukrainian participants to develop a theory of change for their social enterprises and build a system for social impact measurement.
Participants will also learn about the practical experience of European social entrepreneurs and impact investors, who will answer the questions of what for, how often to measure their impact and where to apply this data. The group will consist of 18 participants, who will represent 9 social enterprises (two participants from one enterprise – obligatory condition for participation).
The course will cover the following topics:
- Social impact measurement and where to apply the results
- 10 main questions that need to be answered to better understand and assess the impact
- Theory of change – what it is and how to build your theory of change
- Impact indicators, how to identify and measure them
- Data collection plan for evaluation, data collection methods
- Application of social impact assessment results for management decisions.
Trainers are experienced European, British and Ukrainian coaches.
For whom is Digital Lab: Social Entrepreneurs?
We invite social entrepreneurs who:
- are present on the market for at least 6 months
- have a clearly defined product or service that is already being distributed/tested
- have a reasoned motivation to participate in the program
- are interested in measuring and increasing social impact and see the value of interaction with colleagues from sectors in Ukraine and the EU
How will the Digital Lab: Social Entrepreneurs sessions run?
- 2 participants from the one social enterprise is a mandatory condition
- Digital Lab consists of six weekly online sessions, starting from November 10, 2021. Each session lasts from 9-00 till 13-30
Dates of the sessions:
10th of November
12th of November
19th of November
23rd of November
25th of November
1st of December
Graduation Party (offline) is on 10 December 2021
- Each session will feature a presentation by the EU/UK speakers, case studies section, and group development of solutions focused around a key theme
- Each session will include a home assignment
- In between sessions individual work with mentors will be provided
- Working language – Ukrainian
- During all sessions, the online simultaneous translation from English to Ukrainian and vice versa will be available.
What do I get by participating?
- Practical knowledge and skills on how to develop your own business
- Access to presentations by EU and the UK experts working with social entrepreneurs
- Impact Measurement Toolkit
- House of Europe alumni status (under the condition that at least 5 sessions were attended and all home assignments were submitted in time).
What do I need to apply?
Please, fill in the application form by 17 October 2021 at 15:00 (Kyiv time).
To submit the application form, please, follow the steps:
- Visit the House of Europe grant platform via the link
- Log into your account on the grant platform and start a new entry
- In the "Chapter" field, please, select "Digital labs"
- In the "Open call" field, please, choose "Digital Lab: Social Entrepreneurs"
- Name your entry and answer the questions of "Details", "Questions", "Motivation", "Declaration" fields
- Check your answers and click on the "Submit entry" green button at the end of a form.
The capacity of the group is limited, participants will be confirmed based on the selection process
Digital Lab: Social Entrepreneurs is organised jointly with NGO "SILab Ukraine" and KUSIF (Koç University Social Impact Forum) as a part of the EU-funded House of Europe programme.
Have you got any questions? Please write to email@example.com.