The Learning Hubs: Improved Skills for Stronger Societies is a three-year programme that will develop young people’s skills so that they can build confidence and have better access to educational and career pathways in the future.
Activities for learners
- Good English Teaching with an emphasis on communication skills, personal growth and innovative, interactive approaches.
- Core Skills and Debating, Negotiation, and Dialogue (DND), developing learners’ critical thinking, problem-solving and debating skills through thematic discussions aimed at increasing the understanding of tolerance, mutuality and dialogue.
Activities for teachers
- Methodology of Teaching English, inclusive practices, and DND training courses, utilising the UK’s experience and resources to help teachers develop their skills and upgrade their competencies. These courses will also be made more widely available for English teachers in the wider community.
- Core Skills training course helps English teachers to develop students’ critical thinking, problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills.
- Teacher Activity Groups (TAGs) provides a teacher-led platform for teachers to come together to discuss new ideas, teaching practices and local needs.
Both in Moldova and Belarus, around 1,280 children will be annually engaged through the Learning Hubs activities (English and debating sessions). In the span of 3 years, 7,680 children in each country will indirectly benefit thanks to an improvement of English and core skills incorporated through formal teaching by the trained teachers.
Teachers will receive regular training courses on delivering high quality English language lessons and dialogue and debating sessions through Learning Hubs. More than 128 English teachers will benefit from the core skills training course in both countries. Overall, throughout three years, around 600 English teachers will be engaged in TAGs and different events organised for teachers. 120 English teachers will have the opportunity to receive Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) Cambridge Certificate in both Moldova and Belarus.