The British Council together with the Institute of Higher Education implemented a three-year project to increase the capacity and competitiveness of displaced universities.
The participants of the project:
- Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University
- Mariupol State University
The project involved the best practices of the UK and aimed to help displaced universities develop the following areas of work:
- efficiency of university governance
- improving teaching and learning
- development of English-language competence of academic staff
- development of student self-governance
- strengthening cooperation between universities and local communities
- increase of social responsibility of universities through the involvement of the academic community in addressing the challenges, which local communities face
- Enhanced competence of partner universities’ staff and students enabling them to provide effective governance and management of the university.
- Improved teaching and learning due to increased competence of teachers.
- Renewed partner universities’ institutional development strategies launched and available for internal and external stakeholders.
- Enhanced quality of education in partner universities due to modernized syllabi capable to meet the current challenges of local communities; improvement of teaching and learning excellence, establishment of effective governance, and development of internationalization.
The project was EU-funded.