The British Council together with the Institute of Higher Education implements a three-year project to increase the capacity and competitiveness of displaced universities.
The participants of the project:
- Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian University (Severodonetsk)
- Donetsk State University of Management (Mariupol)
- Luhansk National Agrarian University (Starobilsk)
The project involves the best practices of the UK and aims to help displaced universities develop the following areas of work:
- efficiency of university governance;
- improving teaching and learning;
- development of English-language competence of academic staff;
- development of student self-governance;
- strengthening cooperation between universities and local communities;
- increase of social responsibility of universities through the involvement of the academic community in addressing the challenges, which local communities face.
Expected project results:
- Enhanced competence of partner universities’ staff and students enabling them to provide good governance, contribute to teaching and learning excellence and internationalization of higher education.
- New (renewed) partner universities’ institutional development strategies launched and available for internal and external stakeholders.
- Enhanced quality of education in partner universities due to: modernized syllabi capable to meet the current challenges of local communities; enforcement of teaching and learning excellence, good governance and internationalization.
- Active role and stronger impact of partner universities’ students and staff on implementation of institutional development strategies, university good governance, teaching and learning excellence, internationalization.
The project is EU-funded.