The British Council requests evaluation consultancy to carry out an evaluation of outcomes and impact of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) Project (“the Project”) co-funded by the British Council and European Union.
The purpose of this evaluation is to provide an independent assessment of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) Project, namely its implementation and achievements, as well as to provide recommendations for the potential continuation of the project. Within this purpose, evaluation should assess how effective the overall project approach to assess how effective was the project in enhancing cooperation and trust between civil society and local authorities; identify factors that supported or hindered this process; explore projects’ effects on social cohesion at the community level; explore how sustainable projects results are; as well as define key learnings and provide recommendations on any improvement for further implementation.
The selected evaluation consultant will design an evaluation approach which addresses the scope and purpose above, within an appropriate budget and time frame. It is expected that the evaluation will provide evidence-based answers to the following key evaluation questions:
- To what extent was the Project successful in achieving project objectives, namely in improving cooperation and trust between civil society organisations (CSOs) and local authorities (LAs) in Ukraine?
- What effects (if any) have the Project made on social cohesion and the development of more inclusive, effective, innovative, transparent, and consultative citizen-state interactions at the community level?
- How sustainable are the benefits and results delivered by the Project?
- Which factors (within the project design and delivery, target communities or wider context) and to what extent supported or hindered programme delivery, attainment of expected results and their sustainability?
Due to the Covid19 and full-scale russian invasion of Ukraine, and possible travel restrictions, the whole consultancy, including all data collection (both quantitative and qualitative) should be done primarily online and in the local language. Many local stakeholders included in the project do not speak English or other languages, so the consultant should be fluent in Ukrainian.
November 2022 – March 2023.
Please see the Evaluation Consultancy_Terms of Reference ('Downloads' sestion) for the full scope of duties and requirements.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a filled-in “Supplier response template” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 07 December 2022, 15:00 (GMT+2, Kyiv, Ukraine) with the subject line “Evaluation Consultancy_ Application_Name of supplier”.
The proposal should include the following information:
- Filled in "Supplier response template", which is available in Appendix 3 to the Terms of Reference.
- CV responding to the Terms of reference which should clearly highlight experience relevant to the competencies and requirements, including confirmation of proficiency in the Ukrainian language.
Please address any questions to the email@example.com mailbox with mentioning "Evaluation consultancy_SC3" in the letter topic.
The Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) Project is a 36-month project aimed at effectively addressing development challenges and opportunities at local level through improved cooperation between civil society organisations (CSOs) and local authorities (LAs) in Ukraine. It is delivered by the British Council working with three experienced (CSO) co-applicants: NGO “Strong Community” – based in the east of Ukraine, NGO “Youth Platform” – based in the west of Ukraine and Kherson Regional Charitable Fund “Union” – based in the south of Ukraine. The project operates across all of the Government-controlled areas (GCA) of Ukraine.