In 2021 - 2022 a series of oblast level social action projects calls took place in Ukraine.
Individual applications and applications prepared by teams for projects in different areas of implementation were invited to participate in the pitching of projects:
- Youth projects for the support of children, encouraging their active involvement and creative contribution;
- Cultural and artistic events that are targeted to benefit the cultural education and interests of the community;
- Creative space projects that introduce innovative elements into the cities’ public spaces and streets, and public-oriented arrangement of courtyards and public institutions and venues;
- Educational projects that employ available IT applications that promote community life;
- Ecological projects that bring community into harmony with nature, benefit the local environment and boost ecological awareness among local residents;
- Inclusion projects aimed at providing access to facilities for disabled persons living in both urban and rural settings;
- Social cohesion projects aimed at building dialogue and community solidarity;
- Support projects for internally displaced institutions of higher education (universities and technical institutes) ensuring institutional stability and quality of education
As part of the pitching, participants submitted applications for passing the preliminary selection of the project for the relevance of the idea for the society and compliance with the specified priorities through the website activecitizens.in.ua.
Then all ideas were evaluated by experts from the British Council and partner organizations. From all projects, the Committee selected up to 25 projects that scored more points according to the competition criteria. These projects went to the next stage: four-day online training. A prerequisite for participation in this stage was that the project team members took an online course "Project Design for Social Initiatives" on the VUM platform.
The next step was the voting for projects on the site activecitizens.in.ua.
And the last step was the presentation by participants of their own pitching projects, after which a special Committee determined the winners who received funding for their project.
During 2020 –2021 we organised 7 waves of oblast pitchings. Information on each wave you can find on the relevant page of the site.
Oblast pitchings were carried out according to the "Active Citizens" methodology, they were co-financed by the European Union and the British Council within the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project.
The Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project is a 36-month project aimed at effectively addressing development challenges and opportunities at local level through improved cooperation between civil society organisations (CSOs) and local authorities (LAs) in Ukraine. It is delivered by the British Council working with three experienced (CSO) co-applicants and will operate across all of the Government-controlled areas (GCA) of Ukraine, including GCA Donetsk and Luhansk.