Present your project and receive funding toward its implementation
We are launching a series of competitions for social action projects at the community level - local pitching.
Individual applications and applications prepared by teams for projects in different areas of implementation are invited to participate in the pitching of projects:
- Youth projects for the support of children, encouraging their active involvement and creative contribution;
- Cultural and artistic events that are targeted to benefit the cultural education and interests of the community;
- Creative space projects that introduce innovative elements into the cities’ public spaces and streets, and public-oriented arrangement of courtyards and public institutions and venues;
- Educational projects that employ available IT applications that promote community life;
- Ecological projects that bring community into harmony with nature, benefit the local environment and boost ecological awareness among local residents;
- Inclusion projects aimed at providing access to facilities for disabled persons living in both urban and rural settings;
- Social cohesion projects aimed at building dialogue and community solidarity;
- Support projects for internally displaced institutions of higher education (universities and technical institutes) ensuring institutional stability and quality of education
The pitching process will proceed as following: interested parties submit an application describing their project. A preliminary selection process will identify those projects with greatest relevance for their community and which adheres to project priorities. Next, the authors of the pre-selected projects will be trained in all aspects of project management, including project budget planning, attracting financial support, working with volunteers, communications and more. Finally, our pitching ‘finalists’ will present their projects in front of a professional committee that will identify the winning pitches, awarding them with financial support for the implementation of their project.
In 2020, there will be 7 local pitching. See the information on each pitching on the corresponding page of the site. If you wish to participate, see the detailed guideline for participants.
Local pitching is carried out according to the "Active Citizens" methodology, they are co-financed by the European Union and the British Council within the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project.
The Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project is a 36-month project aimed at effectively addressing development challenges and opportunities at local level through improved cooperation between civil society organisations (CSOs) and local authorities (LAs) in Ukraine. It is delivered by the British Council working with three experienced (CSO) co-applicants and will operate across all of the Government-controlled areas (GCA) of Ukraine, including GCA Donetsk and Luhansk.