We are launching the second wave of oblast level social action projects call in Ukraine
If you have an idea for a social action project that will improve the life of the community in your oblast, and if you are able to implement it in cooperation with local authorities, offer it at the oblast pitching and receive funds for its implementation!
Oblast pitching is a call for social action projects with the financial support of the European Commission and the British Council.
Social Action Project (SAP) – a project aimed at positive social change in the community.
For calls at the level of Vinnytsia, Lviv and Sumy oblasts:
|Start of applications submission||03 February 2021|
|Deadline for applications||03 March 2021|
|Notification of Selection results||10 March 2021|
|Online training starts||15 March 2021|
|Online training ends||18 March 2021|
|Public voting on the portal||05-11 April 2021|
|Presentation of projects to the Committee||13-14 April 2021|
Who can participate?
Active citizens over the age of 18, as well as teams of citizens who are planning a social action project for the development of their community and want to receive financial support for its implementation can take part in the pitching.
What are the requirements for Social Action Projects (SAPs)?
The project must be based on generally accepted societal values, be well-planned and relate to local-global connections.
Projects should focus on improving the lives of citizens, developing cooperation with the authorities to resolve problematic issues and achieving a common goal.
Projects should involve active cooperation with government officials.
We invite you to submit new initiatives to participate in the call, as well as initiatives that are already under implementation.
We recommend submitting projects that will take place online or in a mixed format without holding mass events. It is allowed to carry out repair work or other actions that do not involve a mass gathering of people in one room. The implementation of the SAP should be in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Health for behaviour during the Covid-19 pandemic and not endanger human health.
SAPs may be aimed at:
- strengthening of social cohesion in Ukraine;
- creation and strengthening links between volunteers, local authorities, hospitals, businesses and other representatives of the social processes;
- intercultural dialogue between different social groups in Ukraine;
- support for older people and promote inclusiveness (enhancing equal access to the community, including disabled people);
- contribution to the improvement of the environment;
- promotion of youth development, popularization of active citizenship and leadership;
- support of mental health of the community citizens in condition of social distancing;
- promotion of the gender equality and ensuring equal rights and opportunities.
Projects should not include agitation, protest or political actions, be of a commercial nature.
Here are some examples of ideas for social action projects, but don't limit your imagination to them:
- Creative space: creation of creative elements and picturesque corners of improvement on city streets.
- Carrying out activities to improve the health of young people, safe lifestyles and health culture among young people.
- Ecological and tourist ideas: laying eco-trails, creating new tourist attractions, etc.
- Creative initiatives: development of meaningful leisure of youth, youth festivals, events, activities, etc.
- Ideas aimed at providing access to public and tourist facilities for disabled people.
Up to UAH 35,000 is provided for one social action project by the British Council in Ukraine*
* except for pitching in Sumy oblast, where local authorities join the funding, which increases the budget of one social action project to UAH 58,000. Funding from the British Council does not change.
The application must provide for co-financing of at least 20% of the British Council funding (both in cash and in kind) from the project team or authorities.