From November 19 to 22, 2020, community-level pitching took place in Voznesensk, Mykolasv Oblast, as part of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project.
Local pitching is a call for social action projects with the financial support of the European Commission and the British Council in co-financing with local governments.
Social Action Project - a project aimed at positive social change in the community.
Who could participate?
Active citizens who were planning a social action project for the development of their community offline or online and wanted to receive financial support for its implementation could take part in the pitching.
Details of participation in the competition at the community level (local pitching)
Residents of the Voznesensk community from the age of 18 who had an idea to improve the life of the community, develop cooperation with local authorities to solve problems and achieve a common goal could participate in the local pitching.
All projects must be implemented by 24 April 2021. Reporting on implemented projects is provided until 24 May 2021.
What were the requirements for Social Action Projects (SAPs)?
The project must be based on generally accepted societal values, be well-planned and relate to local-global connections.
SAPs might also be aimed at:
- strengthening of social cohesion in Ukraine;
- creation and strengthening links between volunteers, local authorities, hospitals, businesses and other representatives of the social processes;
- support for older people and promote inclusiveness (enhancing equal access to the community, including disabled people);
- contribution to the improvement of the environment;
- promotion of youth development, popularization of active citizenship and leadership;
- support of mental health of the community citizens in condition of social distancing;
- promotion of the gender equality and ensuring equal rights and opportunities.
Here were some examples of ideas for social action projects:
- Creative space: creation of creative elements and picturesque corners of improvement on city streets.
- Carrying out activities to improve the health of young people, safe lifestyles and health culture among young people.
- Ecological and tourist ideas: laying eco-trails, creating new tourist attractions, etc.
- Creative initiatives: development of meaningful leisure of youth, youth festivals, events, activities, etc.
- Ideas aimed at providing access to public and tourist facilities for disabled people.
Up to UAH 20,000 was provided for one social action project
The total pitching budget was UAH 100,000, of which:
- UAH 50,000 was provided by the Voznesensk City Council
- UAH 50,000 was provided within Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project
Local Pitching Organisers:
- Kherson Regional Charitable Fund ‘UNION’
- Voznesensk City Council
- The British Council and the European Union, represented by the European Commission, in the framework of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project
- NGO "Economic Development Agency"
Winners of social actions projects competition in Voznesensk UTC:
||SC3 project funding
||Local authority support
||Aim of project
||Think about the future and choose a healthy life
||The promotion of a healthy lifestyle, prevention of bad habits and the formation of sexual culture among adolescents. Within the framework of the project it is planned to conduct several activities aimed at the formation of culture of behaviour directed at puberty and fighting against bad habits.
||The first cycling tourism competitions in Voznesensk
||The objectives of the project are to organize the preparation for the competition and to hold cycling competitions in February-April 2021.
||The platform of unity
||The aim of the project is to create and arrange a free space for social interaction of young children and youth, by improving the conditions and arrangement of a playground in the Northern district.
||Nevgamonko. Live actively!
||Sports project to promote physical development and a healthy lifestyle of residents of Voznesenskaya OTG aged 12 - 50 years through sports tourism.
||Improving conditions for active and interesting development of children through the improvement of the playground in the neighborhood "Natyagailivka" Voznesensk.
Active Citizens is a social leadership programme that promotes intercultural dialogue and social responsibility. The programme is being implemented by the British Council in Ukraine since 2014.
Organisations – national partners:
- Kherson Regional Charitable Fund ‘UNION’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Strong community’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Youth Platform’
The Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project is a 36-month project aimed at effectively addressing development challenges and opportunities at local level through improved cooperation between civil society organisations (CSOs) and local authorities (LAs) in Ukraine. It is funded by EU and the British Council, and delivered by the British Council working with three experienced (CSO) co-applicants and will operate across all of the Government-controlled areas (GCA) of Ukraine, including GCA Donetsk and Luhansk.
European Union, represented by the European Commission
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities, working with over 100 countries across the world.