From November 23 to 26, 2020, community-level online pitching took place in Kamyanska UTC, Zakarpattia Oblast, as part of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project.
Local pitching is a call for social action projects with the financial support of the European Commission and the British Council in co-financing with local governments.
Social Action Project - a project aimed at positive social change in the community.
Who could participate?
Active citizens who were planning a social action project for the development of their community offline or online and wanted to receive financial support for its implementation could take part in the pitching.
Details of participation in the competition at the community level (local pitching)
Residents of the Kamyanska UTC community from the age of 18 who had an idea to improve the life of the community, develop cooperation with local authorities to solve problems and achieve a common goal could participate in the local pitching.
All projects must be implemented by 30 April 2021. Reporting on implemented projects is provided until 30 May 2021.
What were the requirements for Social Action Projects (SAPs)?
The project must be based on generally accepted societal values, be well-planned and relate to local-global connections.
SAPs might also be aimed at:
- strengthening of social cohesion in Ukraine;
- creation and strengthening links between volunteers, local authorities, hospitals, businesses and other representatives of the social processes;
- support for older people and promote inclusiveness (enhancing equal access to the community, including disabled people);
- contribution to the improvement of the environment;
- promotion of youth development, popularization of active citizenship and leadership;
- support of mental health of the community citizens in condition of social distancing;
- promotion of the gender equality and ensuring equal rights and opportunities.
Here were some examples of ideas for social action projects:
- Creative space: creation of creative elements and picturesque corners of improvement on city streets.
- Carrying out activities to improve the health of young people, safe lifestyles and health culture among young people.
- Ecological and tourist ideas: laying eco-trails, creating new tourist attractions, etc.
- Creative initiatives: development of meaningful leisure of youth, youth festivals, events, activities, etc.
- Ideas aimed at providing access to public and tourist facilities for disabled people.
Up to UAH 30,000 was provided for one social action project
The total pitching budget was UAH 300,000, of which:
- UAH 150,000 was provided by the Kamyanske Village Council
- UAH 150,000 was provided within Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project
Local Pitching Organisers:
- NGO «Youth Platform»
- Kamyanske Village Council
- The British Council and the European Union, represented by the European Commission, in the framework of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project
Winners of social actions projects competition in Kamyanska UTC:
||SC3 project funding
||Local authority support
||Aim of project
||Creation of the Centre for Early Childhood Development 'Hands - bazookas'
||Creation of the Centre for Early Childhood Development, which will ensure the development of children's abilities, psychological stability, social adaptation, the possibility of natural disclosure of their talent, preparing children for school, will be the foundation for further development of children and their adaptation in society.
||Create appropriate conditions for children and young people to organize leisure and sports activities and encourage them to lead a healthy lifestyle.
||Healthy children are the most important asset of the state
||Creation and arrangement of a universal sports ground which will give the chance to make more qualitative and saturated sports activities and rest of children and youth of the residential district.
||For clean air
||Improving the ecological situation in the village, cleaning the air, water in the river from harmful products, introducing and ensuring the correct European principles of waste sorting.
||From the ecology of the soul - to the ecology of the native school
||Landscaping of the school territory and raising the level of ecological consciousness of citizens, as well as involving students in practical activities to solve environmental problems.
||Let's play together!
||Creation of a modern and safe sports and playground for active recreation of pupils of Ardanivka school.
||Arrangement of an inclusive resource room
||Creation of an inclusive resource room and comfortable conditions for children with special needs.
||Creative eco-space under the open sky 'Creative territory'
||Creating a creative environment as a public space that will operate in various formats in the open air.
||Hygienic conditions for children of children's educational institution
||Creation of comfortable and hygienic conditions for children of children's educational institution in line with conditions of Sanitary regulations.
||Landscaping and improving of the adjacent territory of outpatient clinic in the village of Kamyanske
||Bringing the adjacent territory of the outpatient clinic in the village of Kamyanske into an aesthetic appearance. Arrangement of a comfortable stay of patients on the territory of the outpatient clinic.
Active Citizens is a social leadership programme that promotes intercultural dialogue and social responsibility. The programme is being implemented by the British Council in Ukraine since 2014.
Organisations – national partners:
- Kherson Regional Charitable Fund ‘UNION’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Strong community’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Youth Platform’
The Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project is a 36-month project aimed at effectively addressing development challenges and opportunities at local level through improved cooperation between civil society organisations (CSOs) and local authorities (LAs) in Ukraine. It is funded by EU and the British Council, and delivered by the British Council working with three experienced (CSO) co-applicants and will operate across all of the Government-controlled areas (GCA) of Ukraine, including GCA Donetsk and Luhansk.
European Union, represented by the European Commission
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities, working with over 100 countries across the world.