From June 14 to 18, 2021, community-level online pitching took place in Nova Kakhovka UTC, Kyiv Oblast, as part of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project.
Local pitching is a call for social action projects with the financial support of the European Commission and the British Council in co-financing with local governments.
Social Action Project - a project aimed at positive social change in the community.
Who could participate?
Active citizens who were planning a social action project for the development of their community and wanted to receive financial support for its implementation could take part in the pitching.
Details of participation in the competition at the community level (local pitching)
Residents of the Nova Kakhovka UTC community from the age of 18 who had an idea to improve the life of the community, develop cooperation with local authorities to solve problems and achieve a common goal could participate in the local pitching.
All projects must be implemented by 21 November 2021. Reporting on implemented projects is provided until 10 December 2021.
What were the requirements for Social Action Projects (SAPs)?
The project must be based on generally accepted societal values, be well-planned and relate to local-global connections.
SAPs might also be aimed at:
- strengthening of social cohesion in Ukraine;
- creation and strengthening links between volunteers, local authorities, hospitals, businesses and other representatives of the social processes;
- support for older people and promote inclusiveness (enhancing equal access to the community, including disabled people);
- contribution to the improvement of the environment;
- promotion of youth development, popularization of active citizenship and leadership;
- support of mental health of the community citizens in condition of social distancing;
- promotion of the gender equality and ensuring equal rights and opportunities
Here were some examples of ideas for social action projects:
- Creative space: creation of creative elements and picturesque corners of improvement on city streets.
- Carrying out activities to improve the health of young people, safe lifestyles and health culture among young people.
- Ecological and tourist ideas: laying eco-trails, creating new tourist attractions, etc.
- Creative initiatives: development of meaningful leisure of youth, youth events, activities, etc.
- Ideas aimed at providing access to public and tourist facilities for disabled people.
Up to UAH 30,000 was provided for one social action project
The total pitching budget was UAH 300,000, of which:
- UAH 150,000 was provided by the Nova Kakhovka City Council
- UAH 150,000 was provided within Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project
Local Pitching Organisers:
- Kherson Regional Charitable Fund “Union”
- Nova Kakhovka City Council
- The British Council and the European Union, represented by the European Commission, in the framework of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project
- Region Development Agency of Tavria Territorial Communities NGO
- Municipal Enterprise "Regional Development Agency" of Novokakhovka City Council
Winners of social actions projects competition in Nova Kakhovka, Kherson Oblast:
||Funding within the SC3 project
||Local authority support
||Aim of project
||Creating an inclusive volleyball space to improve the physical and psychological health of young people and residents of Nova Kakhovka.
||Magic of kindness
||Collecting used things from concerned citizens, sorting them, putting them in order and then distributing them to families with difficult life circumstances.
||Feel your future
||Creation of a youth studio "Feel your future" to promote the harmonious development of youth, comprehensive support for low-income young families and education of civic activity.
||Advocacy preparation for the launch of the School of Assistants for People with Disabilities
||Initiating a solution to the problem of separating society from children with disabilities through the training of assistants for children with disabilities.
||Creating an open inclusive development space for active leisure of citizens with special needs and residents of Nova Kakhovka.
||I am a researcher
||Creating a platform "I am a researcher" to activate community members and involve them in the formation of culture of engineering thinking and inventive abilities in children of preschool and primary school age.
||Believe in yourself be in shape
||Creation of a modern sports center on the basis of an educational institution to strengthen the health of young people of vulnerable groups of the Novokakhovka community.
||Cooking in a modern way
||Creating a modern educational space for students of the profession "Cook" in order to promote working professions among young people.
||Revival of City- garden glory
||Involvement of the community in the revival of the culture of landscaping through activities to protect greenery in the city of Nova Kakhovka.
Active Citizens is a social leadership programme that promotes intercultural dialogue and social responsibility. The programme is being implemented by the British Council in Ukraine since 2014.
Organisations – national partners:
- Kherson Regional Charitable Fund ‘UNION’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Strong community’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Youth Platform’
The Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project is a 36-month project aimed at effectively addressing development challenges and opportunities at local level through improved cooperation between civil society organisations (CSOs) and local authorities (LAs) in Ukraine. It is funded by EU and the British Council, and delivered by the British Council working with three experienced (CSO) co-applicants and will operate across all of the Government-controlled areas (GCA) of Ukraine, including GCA Donetsk and Luhansk.
European Union, represented by the European Commission
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities, working with over 100 countries across the world.