From November 19 to 22, 2020, community-level pitching took place in Buzka UTC as part of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project.
Local pitching is a call for social action projects with the financial support of the European Commission and the British Council in co-financing with local governments.
Social Action Project - a project aimed at positive social change in the community.
Who could participate?
Active citizens who were planning a social action project for the development of their community offline or online and wanted to receive financial support for its implementation could take part in the pitching.
Details of participation in the competition at the community level (local pitching)
Residents of the Buzka UTC community from the age of 18 who had an idea to improve the life of the community, develop cooperation with local authorities to solve problems and achieve a common goal could participate in the local pitching.
All projects must be implemented by 24 April 2021. Reporting on implemented projects is provided until 24 May 2021.
What were the requirements for Social Action Projects (SAPs)?
The project must be based on generally accepted societal values, be well-planned and relate to local-global connections.
SAPs might also be aimed at:
- strengthening of social cohesion in Ukraine;
- creation and strengthening links between volunteers, local authorities, hospitals, businesses and other representatives of the social processes;
- support for older people and promote inclusiveness (enhancing equal access to the community, including disabled people);
- contribution to the improvement of the environment;
- promotion of youth development, popularization of active citizenship and leadership;
- support of mental health of the community citizens in condition of social distancing;
- promotion of the gender equality and ensuring equal rights and opportunities.
Here were some examples of ideas for social action projects:
- Creative space: creation of creative elements and picturesque corners of improvement on city streets.
- Carrying out activities to improve the health of young people, safe lifestyles and health culture among young people.
- Ecological and tourist ideas: laying eco-trails, creating new tourist attractions, etc.
- Creative initiatives: development of meaningful leisure of youth, youth festivals, events, activities, etc.
- Ideas aimed at providing access to public and tourist facilities for disabled people.
Up to UAH 20,000 was provided for one social action project
The total pitching budget was UAH 200,000, of which:
- UAH 100,000 was provided by the Buzka Village Council
- UAH 100,000 was provided within Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project
Local Pitching Organisers:
- Kherson Regional Charitable Fund ‘UNION’
- Buzka Village Council
- The British Council and the European Union, represented by the European Commission, in the framework of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project
- NGO "Economic Development Agency"
Winners of social actions projects competition in Buzka UTC:
||SC3 project funding
||Local authority support
||Aim of project
||Circle Plasticine CROW
||Creation of a modelling club for children on the Buzka House of Culture basis.
||Motanki-charms of our souls
||Preservation and reproduction of Ukrainian traditions of toy-making, conducting ethnographic explorations, creative laboratories, master classes etc.
||Mom, Dad, I - there is a sports family
||Installing sports equipment on the playground in the Buzka community.
||Mobile stage - podium
||Mobile stage - podium installing for the implementation of field projects and cultural events (folk festivals etc.) in the community.
||Active lifestyle promotion in the Buzka community through the creation of conditions for regular free trainings on the basis of the Buzka House of Culture.
||Everyone has the right to a fairy tale
||Improving the conditions for the creative abilities of children and parents, the moral qualities formation by providing aesthetic moral education, the development of children's speech, education of creative capability of self-realization.
||Entertainment center in the Buzka community
||Improving the cultural leisure of children, adolescents and youth in the Buzka community by creating an entertainment centre in the House of Culture.
||Providing comfortable sanitary and hygienic conditions on the adjacent territory of the Taboriv House of Culture, by repairing the premises of the public toilet with the replacement of window and door units.
Active Citizens is a social leadership programme that promotes intercultural dialogue and social responsibility. The programme is being implemented by the British Council in Ukraine since 2014.
Organisations – national partners:
- Kherson Regional Charitable Fund ‘UNION’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Strong community’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Youth Platform’
The Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project is a 36-month project aimed at effectively addressing development challenges and opportunities at local level through improved cooperation between civil society organisations (CSOs) and local authorities (LAs) in Ukraine. It is funded by EU and the British Council, and delivered by the British Council working with three experienced (CSO) co-applicants and will operate across all of the Government-controlled areas (GCA) of Ukraine, including GCA Donetsk and Luhansk.
European Union, represented by the European Commission
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities, working with over 100 countries across the world.