From March 22 to 25, 2021, community-level online pitching took place in Tokmak UTC, Zaporizhia Oblast, as part of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project.
Local pitching is a call for social action projects with the financial support of the European Commission and the British Council in co-financing with local governments.
Social Action Project - a project aimed at positive social change in the community.
Who could participate?
Active citizens who were planning a social action project for the development of their community and wanted to receive financial support for its implementation can take part in the pitching.
Details of participation in the competition at the community level (local pitching)
Residents of the Tokmak UTC community from the age of 18 who had an idea to improve the life of the community, develop cooperation with local authorities to solve problems and achieve a common goal could participate in the local pitching.
All projects must be implemented by 26 August 2021. Reporting on implemented projects is provided until 26 September 2021.
What were the requirements for Social Action Projects (SAPs)?
The project must be based on generally accepted societal values, be well-planned and relate to local-global connections.
SAPs might also be aimed at:
- strengthening of social cohesion in Ukraine;
- creation and strengthening links between volunteers, local authorities, hospitals, businesses and other representatives of the social processes;
- support for older people and promote inclusiveness (enhancing equal access to the community, including disabled people);
- contribution to the improvement of the environment;
- promotion of youth development, popularization of active citizenship and leadership;
- support of mental health of the community citizens in condition of social distancing;
- promotion of the gender equality and ensuring equal rights and opportunities.
Here were some examples of ideas for social action projects:
- Creative space: creation of creative elements and picturesque corners of improvement on city streets.
- Carrying out activities to improve the health of young people, safe lifestyles and health culture among young people.
- Ecological and tourist ideas: laying eco-trails, creating new tourist attractions, etc.
- Creative initiatives: development of meaningful leisure of youth, youth festivals, events, activities, etc.
- Ideas aimed at providing access to public and tourist facilities for disabled people.
Up to UAH 30,000 was provided for one social action project
The total pitching budget was UAH 300,000, of which:
- UAH 150,000 was provided by the Tokmak City Council
- UAH 150,000 was provided within Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project
Local Pitching Organisers:
- NGO «Strong Community»
- Tokmak City Council
- The British Council and the European Union, represented by the European Commission, in the framework of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project
||Funding within the SC3 project
||Local authority support
||Aim of project
||“The pedestrian schoolboy is a traffic guard"
||Caring for the health of the younger generation by installing models of growth figures "Pedestrian schoolboy" in front of educational institutions № 1, “2, № 5, № 6 in Tokmak for safer behavior of road users.
||Promoting a healthy lifestyle among the youth of Tokmak through the development of sports tourism
||Creating conditions for sports tourism classes for 350 students of the Tokmak Department of Tourism, their parents, coaches, training at a high level of athletes among students of Tokmak by building a climbing wall in the gym.
||Creation of a green zone for Rabotino village residents recreation
||Creating comfortable conditions for recreation and cultural events for residents and guests of the village of Rabotino in the fresh air, by planting a park near the House of Culture and the monument to Taras Shevchenko (500 sq.m.) using evergreen and deciduous trees.
||History of my city
||Organize a web portal and a series of educational events about the history of the Tokmak region to raise citizens' awareness of their community, the value of the city in the eyes of its residents.
||Social candle workshop "Light of fire"
||To familiarise children with the profession of candle making, to develop fine motor skills of hands, the creativity of children with the help of master classes on carved candles for children aged 6 to 12 years.
||Creating street art to promote environmental protection
||Improve the appearance of Tokmak by creating a series of three street art involving creative youth.
||Arrangement of youth space in Tokmak
||To organize a youth space for active youth of Tokmak, by arranging an appropriate space for leisure, for comprehensive personal development, intellectual self-improvement, creative potential, self-realization, self-expression and development of creative thinking of all its participants.
||Arrangement of the health territory for the residents of the village of Novoprokopivka
||Creation of sports space and arrangement of safe street sports equipment for people of different ages of Novoprokopivka community, which will create appropriate conditions and promote the spiritual and physical citizens' development.
||Arrangement of an extended day group in a preschool for children of IDPs and the local community
||Creating conditions for equal participation of IDPs in the economic life of Tokmak, involving, first of all, women from this category in an active life position in the direction of self-sufficiency and professional self-identification by creating conditions for extended children daycare in preschool № 2 "Grasshopper".
||Sports community - Healthy community
||Organize a one-day sports holiday for the residents of the Tokmak community for Children's Day, involving six teams of rural and urban schools (60 students) to create conditions for communication between residents of the newly created Tokmak community and promote sports.
||Blogger-studio for young people
||Organizing of a blogger-studio for giving the opportunity to develop skills in creating media content for young people.
||Increasing the self-esteem of women with children with disabilities under COVID-19
||Increasing the self-esteem of women with children with disabilities under COVID-19.
Active Citizens is a social leadership programme that promotes intercultural dialogue and social responsibility. The programme is being implemented by the British Council in Ukraine since 2014.
Organisations – national partners:
- Kherson Regional Charitable Fund ‘UNION’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Strong community’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Youth Platform’
The Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project is a 36-month project aimed at effectively addressing development challenges and opportunities at local level through improved cooperation between civil society organisations (CSOs) and local authorities (LAs) in Ukraine. It is funded by EU and the British Council, and delivered by the British Council working with three experienced (CSO) co-applicants and will operate across all of the Government-controlled areas (GCA) of Ukraine, including GCA Donetsk and Luhansk.
European Union, represented by the European Commission
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities, working with over 100 countries across the world.