Do you have an idea for a social action project that will improve the life of the Novovolynsk UTC community? Offer it at a local pitching and get money for the implementation!
From March 09 to 12, 2021, community-level online pitching will take place in Novovolynsk UTC, Volyn Oblast, as part of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project.
Local pitching is a call for social action projects with the financial support of the European Commission and the British Council in co-financing with local governments.
Social Action Project - a project aimed at positive social change in the community.
Who can participate?
Active citizens who are planning a social action project for the development of their community and want to receive financial support for its implementation can take part in the pitching.
Details of participation in the competition at the community level (local pitching)
Residents of the Novovolynsk UTC community from the age of 18 who have an idea to improve the life of the community, develop cooperation with local authorities to solve problems and achieve a common goal can participate in the local pitching.
All projects must be implemented by 13 August 2021. Reporting on implemented projects is provided until 13 September 2021.
What are the requirements for Social Action Projects (SAPs)?
The project must be based on generally accepted societal values, be well-planned and relate to local-global connections.
SAPs may also be aimed at:
- strengthening of social cohesion in Ukraine;
- creation and strengthening links between volunteers, local authorities, hospitals, businesses and other representatives of the social processes;
- support for older people and promote inclusiveness (enhancing equal access to the community, including disabled people);
- contribution to the improvement of the environment;
- promotion of youth development, popularization of active citizenship and leadership;
- support of mental health of the community citizens in condition of social distancing;
- promotion of the gender equality and ensuring equal rights and opportunities.
Here are some examples of ideas for social action projects, but don't limit your imagination to them:
- Creative space: creation of creative elements and picturesque corners of improvement on city streets.
- Carrying out activities to improve the health of young people, safe lifestyles and health culture among young people.
- Ecological and tourist ideas: laying eco-trails, creating new tourist attractions, etc.
- Creative initiatives: development of meaningful leisure of youth, youth festivals, events, activities, etc.
- Ideas aimed at providing access to public and tourist facilities for disabled people.
Up to UAH 30,000 is provided for one social action project
The total pitching budget is UAH 300,000, of which:
- UAH 150,000 is provided by the Novovolynsk City Council
- UAH 150,000 is provided by the British Council in Ukraine