From November 10 to 13, 2020, community-level online pitching took place in Chuhuiv, Kharkiv Oblast as part of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project.
Local pitching is a call for social action projects with the financial support of the European Commission and the British Council in co-financing with local governments.
Social Action Project - a project aimed at positive social change in the community.
Who could participate?
Active citizens who were planning a social action project for the development of their community offline or online and wanted to receive financial support for its implementation could take part in the pitching.
Details of participation in the competition at the community level (local pitching)
Residents of the Chuhuiv community from the age of 18 who had an idea to improve the life of the community, develop cooperation with local authorities to solve problems and achieve a common goal could participate in the local pitching.
All projects must be implemented by 14 April 2021. Reporting on implemented projects is provided until 14 May 2021.
What were the requirements for Social Action Projects (SAPs)?
The project must be based on generally accepted societal values, be well-planned and relate to local-global connections.
SAPs might also be aimed at:
- strengthening of social cohesion in Ukraine;
- creation and strengthening links between volunteers, local authorities, hospitals, businesses and other representatives of the social processes;
- support for older people and promote inclusiveness (enhancing equal access to the community, including disabled people);
- contribution to the improvement of the environment;
- promotion of youth development, popularization of active citizenship and leadership;
- support of mental health of the community citizens in condition of social distancing;
- promotion of the gender equality and ensuring equal rights and opportunities
Here were some examples of ideas for social action projects:
- Creative space: creation of creative elements and picturesque corners of improvement on city streets.
- Carrying out activities to improve the health of young people, safe lifestyles and health culture among young people.
- Ecological and tourist ideas: laying eco-trails, creating new tourist attractions, etc.
- Creative initiatives: development of meaningful leisure of youth, youth festivals, events, activities, etc.
- Ideas aimed at providing access to public and tourist facilities for disabled people.
Up to UAH 15,000 was provided for one social action project
The total pitching budget was UAH 150,000, provided within Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project.
Local Pitching Organisers:
- NGO «Strong Community»
- Chuhuiv City Council
- The British Council and the European Union, represented by the European Commission, in the framework of the Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project
Winners of social actions projects competition in Chuhuiv:
||SC3 project funding
||Aim of project
||Lighting in the yard is a guarantee of safety
||Lighting of the yard, playground and road to school.
||Age needs action
||Creating favourable conditions for improving the health and development of physical activity of the elderly and disabled people by purchasing sports equipment for rehabilitation classes in physical therapy.
||Improving the sound quality and expanding the possibilities of video recording during the creation of video / audio materials for creative students, employees of educational and cultural institutions of Chuhuiv.
||Compass - a signpost to health
||Acquisition of modern liquid compasses for the pupils of the Chuhuiv Centre for Tourism and Local Lore, which will be used for training sessions and mass sports and local history events.
||Increasing the level of interest among young people in leading a healthy lifestyle through the involvement of school-age children in volleyball by creating appropriate conditions for a quality educational and training process.
||Sports available to everyone
||Equipping the resource room with a modern medical and rehabilitation tool for children with special educational needs.
||On protection against the virus
||Improving the quality of medical services provided to the population of Chuhuiv territorial community by providing medical workers with pulse oximeters and protective shields.
||Doctorate is an island of joy
||Creating favourable conditions for the stay of the children in the outpatient clinic of general practice - family medicine №1 by arranging a children's corner.
||Creative child - creative country
||Revealing the importance of children's creative potential in the process of learning and upbringing, to develop talent and creative abilities in children.
||Caring about nature
||Landscaping of Chuhuiv, by planting trees by the city youth during the spring harvest, as well as to draw public attention to the environmental problems, to form environmental awareness and culture in the population, to involve young people in active protection of the environment from negative influences.
Active Citizens is a social leadership programme that promotes intercultural dialogue and social responsibility. The programme is being implemented by the British Council in Ukraine since 2014.
Organisations – national partners:
- Kherson Regional Charitable Fund ‘UNION’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Strong community’
- Non-governmental organisation ‘Youth Platform’
The Strengthening Cross-Sectoral Collaboration for Social Cohesion (SC3) project is a 36-month project aimed at effectively addressing development challenges and opportunities at local level through improved cooperation between civil society organisations (CSOs) and local authorities (LAs) in Ukraine. It is funded by EU and the British Council, and delivered by the British Council working with three experienced (CSO) co-applicants and will operate across all of the Government-controlled areas (GCA) of Ukraine, including GCA Donetsk and Luhansk.
European Union, represented by the European Commission
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities, working with over 100 countries across the world.